GBPES-Series Wine and Beverage Grade Polyethersulfone
GBPES-Series High Purity Wine and Beverage Grade Polyethersulfone Filter Cartridges are optimized for the requirements of the wine and beverage industry.
The polyethersulfone membrane offers high flux density and low protein binding and maintains the organoleptic characteristics of the treated product, making it an ideal choice for producing consumables. Cartridges are flushed with ultra-high purity water to achieve the most stringent requirements for extractable substances and are designed to tolerate repeated hot water sanitization and in situ steam sterilization cycles for maximum service life. Each element is integrity tested to ensure optimal performance and manufactured in a clean-room environment to maintain high standards of purity and cleanliness.
- Soft Drinks
- Bottled Water
- Membrane: Polyethersulfone
- Support Media: Polypropylene
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Center Core: Polypropylene
- Outer Support Cage: Polypropylene
- O-Rings/Gaskets: Buna, EPDM, Silicone, Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®, Viton®, Teflon® Encapsulated Silicone
- Change-Out ΔP (recommended): 35 PSID
- Temperature (max): 176˚F (80˚C)
- Differential Pressure (max): 72 PSID (3.4 bar) at 68˚F (20˚C)
- Filtered Hot Water: 85-95˚C for 30 min., max dP 7 PSI
- Steam Sterilization: 134˚C for 30 min., multiple cycles
- Chemicals: Cartridges are compatible with most chemical sanitizing agents.
- Note: Stainless steel insert option required for all cartridges being hot water sanitized or steam sterilized.
All polypropylene components meet the specifications for biological safety per USP Class VI – 121 ̊C for plastics.
Flow Rate vs Pressure Drop
- Length: 10 to 40 inches ( 254 to 101.6 cm) nominal
- Outside Diameter: 2.70 inches (7.0 cm) nominal
Food Safety Compliance
Materials of construction comply with FDA regulations for food and beverage contact use as detailed in the US Code of Federal Regulations, 21CFR. Materials used to produce filter media and hardware are deemed safe for use in contact with foodstuffs in accordance with EU Directives 1935/2004, and/or 10/2011.
GBPES-Series Ordering Specifications
|Rating(μ)||0.2, 0.45, 0.65|
|Length||10″, 20″, 30″, 40′|
|End Cap Style||2 = DOE Flat Gasket|
3 = 222 w/ Fin
4 = 222 w/ Flat Cap
6 = 226 w/ Flat Cap
7 = 226 w/ Fin
28 = 222 3-Tabs w/ Fin
|O-Rings/Gaskets||B = Buna|
E = EPDM
S = Silicone
T = Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®
Z = Teflon® Encapsulated Silicone
V = Viton®
|Adders||CS = 316SS Compression Spring|
I = Stainless Steel Insert
Microbial Retention Performance
|Rating||Challenge Microorganism||Log Reduction Value|
|0.65μ||Sacchromyces cerevisiae, Lactobacillus||7.8|