GDPES-Series DuoGrade Serial Layer Polyethersulfone
GDPES-Series DuoGradeTM Serial Layer Polyethersulfone Filter Cartridges deliver extended life and excellent retention.
GDPES-Series DuoGradeTM Serial Layer Polyethersulfone Filter Cartridges deliver extended life and excellent retention. Featuring a Microglass prefiltration layer, this serial construction makes the GDPES an ideal choice for clarification of particulate-heavy solutions in a variety of food/ beverage, pharmaceutical, biological, and chemical applications. With excellent flow rates, low-pressure drops, and superior throughput volumes, GDPES cartridges can be used as final filters or to protect downstream sterilizing grade cartridges. Each cartridge is flushed with 18 megaohms High Purity deionized water and is integrity tested to ensure the delivery of clean effluent with low extractables. Designed to tolerate repeated hot water sanitization and in-situ steam sterilization cycles for maximum service life.
- Wine, Beer & Spirits
- Bottled Water, Juices, Soft Drinks
- Cell Culture Media
- Large Volume Parenterals
- Bulk Pharmaceuticals Solutions
- Membrane: Polyethersulfone
- Support Media: Microglass
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Center Core: Polypropylene
- Outer Support Cage: Polypropylene
- O-Rings/Gaskets: Buna, EPDM, Silicone, Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®, Viton®, Teflon® Encapsulated Silicone
- Change-Out ΔP (recommended): 35 PSID
- Temperature (max): 176˚F (80˚C)
- Differential Pressure (max): 50 PSID (3.4 bar) at 68˚F (20˚C)
- Filtered Hot Water: 80˚C for 30 min.
- Steam Sterilization: 121˚C for 30 min., multiple cycles
- Chemicals: Cartridges are compatible with most chemical sanitizing agents.
- Note: Stainless steel insert option required for all cartridges being hot water sanitized or steam sterilized.
All polypropylene components meet the specifications for biological safety per USP Class VI – 121 ̊C for plastics.
Flow Rate vs Pressure Drop
- Length: 10 to 40 inches ( 254 to 101.6 cm) nominal
- Outside Diameter: 2.70 inches (7.0 cm) nominal
Food Safety Compliance
Materials of construction comply with FDA regulations for food and beverage contact use as detailed in the US Code of Federal Regulations, 21 CFR. Materials used to produce filter media and hardware are deemed safe for use in contact with foodstuffs in accordance with EU Directives 2002/72/EC, 1935/2004, and/or 10/2011.
GDPES-Series Ordering Specifications
|Micron Rating||0.2, 0.45, 0.65|
|Length||10″, 20″, 30″, 40′|
|End Cap Style||2 = DOE Flat Gasket|
3 = 222 w/ Fin
4 = 222 w/ Flat Cap
6 = 226 w/ Flat Cap
7 = 226 w/ Fin
16 = 213 Internal O-Ring
28 = 222 3-Tabs/Fin
|O-Rings/Gaskets||B = Buna|
E = EPDM
S = Silicone
T = Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®
V = Viton®
Z = Teflon® Encapsulated Silicone
|Adders||CS = 316SS Compression Spring|
I = Stainless Steel Insert
Microbial Retention Performance
|Rating||Challenge Microbe||Log Reduction Value|