GFPES-Series Food and Beverage Grade Series
GFPES-Series High Purity Food and Beverage Grade Polyethersulfone Filter Cartridges meet
the most demanding requirement of the food and beverage industry.
GFPES-Series High Purity Food and Beverage Grade Polyethersulfone Filter Cartridges meet the most demanding requirement of the food and beverage industry. The polyethersulfone membrane offers high flux density and low protein binding and maintains the organoleptic characteristics of the treated product, making it an ideal choice for the production of consumables. Cartridges are flushed with ultra-High Purity water to achieve the most stringent requirements for extractable substances. Designed to tolerate repeated hot water sanitization and in-situ steam sterilization cycles for maximum service life. Each element is integrity tested to assure optimal performance. Manufactured in a clean-room environment to maintain high standards of purity and cleanliness.
- Soft Drinks
- Bottled Water
- Membrane: Polyethersulfone
- Support Media: Polypropylene
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Center Core: Polypropylene
- Outer Support Cage: Polypropylene
- O-Rings/Gaskets: Buna, EPDM, Silicone, Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®, Viton®, Teflon® Encapsulated Silicone
- Change-Out ΔP (recommended): 35 PSID
- Temperature (max): 176˚F (80˚C)
- Differential Pressure (max): 50 PSID (3.4 bar) at 68˚F (20˚C)
- Filtered Hot Water: 80˚C for 30 min.
- Steam Sterilization: 121˚C for 30 min., multiple cycles
- Chemicals: Cartridges are compatible with most chemical sanitizing agents.
- Note: Stainless steel insert option required for all cartridges being hot water sanitized or steam sterilized.
All polypropylene components meet the specifications for biological safety per USP Class VI – 121 ̊C for plastics.
Flow Rate vs Pressure Drop
- Length: 10 to 40 inches ( 254 to 101.6 cm) nominal
- Outside Diameter: 2.70 inches (7.0 cm) nominal
Food Safety Compliance
Materials of construction comply with FDA regulations for food and beverage contact use as detailed in the US Code of Federal Regulations, 21 CFR. Materials used to produce filter media and hardware are deemed safe for use in contact with foodstuffs in accordance with EU Directives 2002/72/EC, 1935/2004, and/or 10/2011.
GFPES-Series Ordering Specifications
|Micron Ratings||0.04, 0.1, 0.2, 0.45, 0.65, 0.8|
|Length||10″, 20″, 30″, 40″|
|End Cap Style||2 = DOE Flat Gasket|
3 = 22 w/ Fin
4 = 222 w/ Flat Cap
6 = 226 w/ Flat Cap
7 = 226 w/ Fin
16 = 213 Internal O-Ring
28 = 222 3-Tabs w/ Fin
|O-Rings/Gaskets||B = Buna|
E = EPDM
S = Silicone
T = Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®
V = Viton®
Z = Teflon® Encapsulated Silicone
|Adders||CS = 316SS Compression Spring|
I = Stainless Steel Insert
Microbial Retention Performance
|Micron Rating||Challenge Microbe||Log Reduction Value|