GSPES-Series Serial-Layer Polyethersulfone
The serial-layer design makes the GSPES an ideal choice for the clarification or particulate-heavy solutions in a wide variety of food & beverage, pharmaceutical, biological, and high-purity chemical applications.
GSPES filter cartridges deliver extended service life and excellent retention. The serial-layer design makes the GSPES an ideal choice for the clarification or particulate-heavy solutions in a wide variety of food & beverage, pharmaceutical, biological, and high-purity chemical applications. The GSPES series is available in 0.2, 0.45, & 0.65-micron ratings. The serial-layer design offers superior throughput volumes while protecting downstream sterilizing grade cartridges.
Each cartridge is flushed with 18 megohms High Purity deionized water and is integrity tested to ensure the delivery of clean effluent with low extractables. Designed to tolerate repeated hot water sa- nitization and in-situ steam sterilization cycles for maximum service life.
- Bottled Water, Juices, Soft Drinks
- Wine, Beer, Spirits
- Bulk Pharmaceutical Solutions
- Bulk & Fine Chemicals
- Membrane: Polyethersulfone
- Support Media: Polypropylene
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Center Core: Polypropylene
- Outer Support Cage: Polypropylene
- O-Rings/Gaskets: Buna, EPDM, Silicone, Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®, Viton®, Teflon® Encapsulated Silicone
- Change-Out ΔP (recommended): 35 PSID
- Temperature (max): 176˚F (80˚C)
- Differential Pressure (max): 50 PSID (3.4 bar) at 68˚F (20˚C)
- Filtered Hot Water: 85˚C for 30 min.
- Steam Sterilization: 121˚C for 30 min., multiple cycles
- Chemicals: Cartridges are compatible with most chemical sanitizing agents.
- Note: Stainless steel insert option required for all cartridges being hot water sanitized or steam sterilized.
All polypropylene components meet the specifications for biological safety per USP Class VI – 121 ̊C for plastics.
Flow Rate vs Pressure Drop
- Length: 10 to 40 inches ( 254 to 101.6 cm) nominal
- Outside Diameter: 2.70 inches (7.0 cm) nominal
Food Safety Compliance
Materials of construction comply with FDA regulations for food and beverage contact use as detailed in the US Code of Federal Regulations, 21CFR. Materials used to produce filter media and hardware are deemed safe for use in contact with foodstuffs in accordance with EU Directives 1935/2004, and/or 10/2011.
GSPES-Series Ordering Specifications
|Rating (μ)||0.2, 0.45, 0.65|
|Length||10″, 20″, 30″, 40″|
|End Cap Style||2 = DOE Flat Gasket|
3 = 222 w/ Fin
4 = 222 w/ Flat Cap
6 = 226 w/ Flat Cap
7 = 226 w/ Fin
16 = 213 Internal O-Ring
28 = 222 3-Tabs w/ Fin
|O-Rings/Gaskets||B = Buna-N|
E = EPDM
S = Silicone
T = Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®
V = Viton®
Z = Teflon® Encapsulated Silicone
|Adders||CS = 316SS Compression Spring|
I = Stainless Steel Insert
Microbial Retention Performance
|Rating||Challenge Microbe||Log Reduction Value|