PPE-Series High Purity Economy Grade Pleated Polypropylene
PPE-series filter cartridges provide an economical, 100% polypropylene element for removal of fine or coarse particulate from fluid streams.
The pleated depth media is encapsulated in an integral, continuous-length, thermally-bonded structure for cleanliness, pressure tolerance, and chemical inertness. Offered in both absolute rated (up to 99.98% retention) and nominally rated (90% retention) grades in common adapter configurations. Manufactured in a clean-room environment to maintain high standards of purity and cleanliness.
- Food & Beverage
- Deionized Water
- R.O. Pre-Filtration
- Process Water
- Fine Chemicals
- Plating Chemicals
Materials of Construction
- Filtration Media: Polypropylene
- Support Media: Polypropylene
- End Caps: Polypropylene
- Center Core: Polypropylene
- Outer Support Cage: Polypropylene
- O-Rings/Gaskets: Buna, EPDM, Silicone, Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®, Viton®
- Change Out ΔP (recommended) 35 PSID
- Temperature (max) 176˚F (80˚C)
- Differential Pressure (max) 60 PSID (4.1 bar) at 68˚F (20˚C)
- Filtered Hot Water: 80˚C for 30 min.
- Steam Sterilization: 121˚C for 30 min., multiple cycles
- Chemicals: Cartridges are compatible with most chemical sanitizing agents
- Note: Stainless steel insert option required for all cartridges being hot water sanitized or steam sterilized
- Length: 10 to 40 inches (25.4 to 101.6 cm) nominal
- Outside Diameter: 2.50 inches (6.35 cm) nominal
NSF Certification applies for use only with drinking water. Only products bearing the NSF Mark on the product, product packaging, and/or documentation shipped with the product are Certified. Product options denoted with an asterisk (*) are not included in the Certification.
Flow Rate vs Differential Pressure
Food Safety Compliance
Materials of construction comply with FDA regulations for food and beverage contact use as detailed in the US Code of Federal Regulations, 21CFR. Materials used to produce filter media and hardware are deemed safe for use in contact with foodstuffs in accordance with EU Directives 2002/72/EC, 1935/2004, and/or 10/2011.
All polypropylene components meet the specifications for biological safety per USP Class VI – 121 ̊C for plastics.
PPE-Series Ordering Specifications
|Micron Ratings||0.2, 0.45, 1.0, 2.0, 5.0, 10.0, 20.0, 40.0|
|Retention||A = Absolute, N = Nominal|
|Lengths||10″, 20″, 30″, 40″|
|End Cap Style||2 = DOE Flat Gasket|
3 = 222 w/ FIN
4 = 222 w/ Flat Cap
5 = 222 w/ Spring
|O-Rings/Gaskets||B = Buna|
E = EPDM
S = Silicone
T = Teflon® Encapsulated Viton®*
V = Viton®*
|Adders||CS = 316SS Compression Spring|
FG = Glass Reinforced PP Core*
I = Stainless Steel Insert
SS = Stainless Steel Core